HDB held a straw poll and mini-exhibition at Blk 623 to gather feedback and gauge the level of our support towards the Home Improvement Programme (HIP) from 7 to 8 July 2012. I am glad to inform you that we have achieved at least 75% support in ALL 11 blocks!
Prior to the straw poll, RC members and volunteers had been working with the HDB to encourage residents to submit their straw poll. However, not everyone managed to do so and HDB officers had to follow up with calls.
For the upcoming Official Poll, the results from the 3-day polling would be taken as final and HIP would be carried out in the block only if there is at least 75% support from its residents. You would be receiving the HIP information booklet and polling slip on 4 or 5 October 2012.
Some residents shared with the RC on some concerns. We would like to share some of them and the response we gathered from HDB:
1. There are only 3 mandatory items for HIP:
a. Installation of clothes hanger rack (FREE)
b. Repair of Spalling Concrete (FREE)
c. Water test on toilets to check for leakages (FREE)
d. The rest of the items are optional
2. Our HIP is packaged with the Enhancement for Active Seniors (EASE), so do support the programme as our elderly residents stand to benefit.
3. Some residents requested to be prioritized for HIP works as they are experiencing spalling concretes and ceiling cracks. We have highlighted this issue to HDB and contractors.
4. Toilet WC would be water-efficient, using 2.5 to 4 litres of water instead of the current 6 to 9 litres.
5. The EASE programme (Optional) provides for slip-resistant coating on floor would be applied to 1 toilet, 8-10 grab bars, up to 5 anti-slip aluminium ramps. Residents would be advised by occupational therapist.
6. RC members also sought assurance from HDB that there would be no reduction in carpark lots.
7. For Blk 621 residents, we have spoken to HDB on your concerns on the standardization of the LUP door and the new HIP door. We would share these updates in our Facebook group.
8. There are a slew of measures from HDB to assist residents who have financial issues.
HDB Home Improvement Programme Official Polling
Date: 13 to 15 October 2012
Time: 9am – 9pm
Venue: Blk 623 Bedok Reservoir Road
The RC would be organizing a Launching Ceremony for the Official Polling on 13 October 2012 (Saturday) at 7pm. Invitation letters would be sent to all residents at a later date.
We look forward to greeting you during our house visits and to your valued support for the Home Improvement Programme so that our neighbours can all benefit from this heavily subsidized programme!
If you would like to be involved or have any enquiries, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me at 97545337. Do connect with fellow neighbours online via http://www.facebook.com/groups/eunosheights (“Eunos Heights” Facebook group).
Fong Yoong Kheong
Chairman, HDB HIP Working Committee
Chairman, Eunos Zone ‘3’ Residents’ Committee